Langholm Tea Room & Farm Shop(from now on referred to a “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates langholmtearoom.co.uk (the “website” or “site”) to bring you information about our Tea Room & Farm Shop.
We are committed to holding your data securely, only sharing it if you agree to this and to give you as much control as possible about how you update, delete and access your data.
The information we collect from you
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain information which is personally identifiable. This may include, but is not limited to, your name and email address, and mobile phone number (“Personal Information”).
How long is your information stored?
Your personal information will be stored as part of our requirement to keep business records for up to 5 years.
We undertake a regular audit of the personal information we hold and use this to ensure that we store information securely and monitor how it is used and shared.
We also store Log Data
As is common practice, we store information on the visits people make to our website. This is carried out by collecting information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website (“Log Data”) using Google Analytics.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
We use the information provided by Google Analytics and Log Data to see how effective our website is and how to make changes to improve your experience. Google Analytics provides options to limit the amount of time data is retained and these are currently set to 26 months.
The legal basis for holding your details
We will hold personal information and process it under contract. You have a right to ask for your details and to ask for these to be deleted and forgotten. You can do this by contacting us (see below).
Your data and your right to access Personal Information
The safe storage of your Personal Information is very important to us. We respect your right to privacy and your rights to access information held about you.
You have the right, under the GDPR, to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request a correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of your personal information, ensuring your ‘right to be forgotten’. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below). You should be aware that, for legal reasons, we may be unable to erase certain information.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you would like to make a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer and deal with your request within fourteen working days. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information. However, we may have to charge a small fee if your request for access is agreed to be unfounded or excessive.
The security of your Personal Information is also of utmost importance to us. All users of the internet should have confidence in accessing and sharing information.
However it is vital to understand that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We have set up a series of safeguards and complied with current regulations to protect your Personal Information, but we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In the event of a breach of security we pledge to notify you within three days of its discovery with a plan of action to help you to take any necessary steps if your data has been compromised.
Communicating with you
We promise that we will only use your Personal Information to contact you with emails, newsletters and information about our Tea Room & Farm Shop.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which are generated when you click on a site or specific pages in a site. The data gathered may include what is known as an anonymous unique identifier. The identifier identifies the action taken, not you, which is why they are called anonymous.
The Google cookies are:
Google complies with the Safe Harbor principles and subscribes to the Safe Harbor programme operated by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
In the event that you do not wish data on your website visit to be forwarded to Google Analytics, you can download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features of our website.